|The name of the preparation||Character; dose; package||Manufacturer||Price 100%||Price after refund||In which pharmacy?|
|Abilify||solution for injection; 7.5 mg / ml; 1 fiol 1.3 ml||Otsuka Pharmaceutical Europe||b / d||Check|
Note: reimbursed drug prices are in line with the regulations in force from July 1, 2018.
A neuroleptic drug that belongs to the group of "other antipsychotics".
Aripiprazole is an antipsychotic medicine used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Its mechanism of action is based on stimulation of Dopamine D2 and serotonin 5HT1a receptors and blocking 5HT2a serotonin receptors. In researchin vitro it also has affinity for other types of receptors, but it is much weaker.
The preparation is indicated for the rapid control of anxiety and behavioral disorders in people with schizophrenia or manic episodes in the course of bipolar I disorder when oral treatment is not appropriate.
Unfortunately, even if there are indications to use the preparation, it can not always be used. You can not use the preparation if you are allergic (you are hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients.
Certain diseases and other circumstances may constitute a contraindication to use or indication to change the dosage of the preparation. In some situations it may be necessary to carry out specific check-ups.
Co-administration of antipsychotics in the form of injections and benzodiazepines by parenteral route may result in excessive sedation and circulation depression (orthostatic decreases in blood pressure) and respiratory depression.
During the use of the preparation, blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate and level of consciousness should be monitored regularly.
Do not use the solution in the form of a solution for injection in people with alcohol intoxication or medicinal products.
The effects of the drug can be observed after a few days or several weeks of its use. During this time, there is a special risk of mood disorders and suicidal behavior, the patient should remain under close medical supervision.
Caution should be exercised if the drug is used by people:
• with cardiovascular disease (history of myocardial infarction or ischemic disease, heart failure or conduction abnormalities)
• with cerebrovascular disease
• in conditions predisposing to hypotension (dehydration, reduction of circulating volume or use of antihypertensive drugs) or hypertension, including progressive or malignant
• with a family history of QT prolongation
• who have had seizures or have a history of seizure associated with seizures
• in the elderly, due to the increased possibility of side effects on the cerebral circulation (eg stroke, transient ischemic attacks), including the course of death; the preparation is not indicated for the treatment of dementia related psychosis
• with a family history of diabetes, obesity and diabetes due to the possibility of severe hyperglycaemia (excessive thirst, polyuria, excessive appetite and weakness); such persons should be monitored by a doctor
• with the risk of aspiration pneumonia.
Before starting treatment, your doctor will interview you to identify the risk factors for venous thromboembolism and the patient and will recommend the implementation of appropriate measures to prevent the occurrence of this disease episode.
If the patient develops involuntary, abnormal muscle movements (mainly of the face), a doctor should be consulted because they may be a symptom of so-called tardive dyskinesia and it may be necessary to stop treatment or change the dosage. These symptoms may temporarily worsen or even occur after the medicine has been used.
If the patient develops symptoms of akathisia (agitation) or parkinsonism (eg tremor), a doctor should also be consulted as dose adjustment and close observation of the patient may be necessary.
In the event of the following symptoms:
• very high fever
• muscle stiffness
• disturbances of consciousness
• signs of disturbances in the stability of the vegetative system (irregular heart rate and fluctuations in blood pressure, tachycardia, profuse sweating and arrhythmias)
• increase in creatine phosphokinase
• myoglobinuria (rhabdomyolysis)
• acute renal failure
stop using the preparation and contact your doctor immediately. These are symptoms that threaten the health and life of the so-called "neuroleptic syndrome".
After the preparation, hypersensitivity reactions with symptoms of allergy may occur.
In adolescents with bipolar disorder, weight gain should be monitored. If it is significant, consider consulting a doctor who will probably recommend a dose reduction.
There have been cases of pathological gambling addiction in people using this preparation.
Data on the safety of parallel administration of the preparation and stimulants used in the treatment of ADHD are very limited; therefore, extreme caution should be exercised when administering these products at the same time.
Does this preparation affect the ability to drive vehicles?
The preparation may impair your ability to drive or use machines. Be careful when using it!
The preparation is a solution for injection. It is intended for intramuscular use. Use the preparation as recommended. Do not exceed the recommended dose, because it will not increase the effectiveness of the drug and may harm your health and life. If you have any doubts regarding the use of the preparation, consult a physician.
As soon as possible, change the route of aripiprazole to oral administration.
Adults. Initially, usually 9.75 mg (1.3 ml) in a single injection. The range of doses used: 5.25-15 mg. The next dose can be given after 2 hours; Do not use more than 3 doses a day. The total maximum dose of aripiprazole in all forms: 30 mg / day.
In elderly patients, a lower starting dose should be considered. In patients with impaired renal function or mild to moderate hepatic impairment no dose adjustment is necessary; in patients with severe hepatic impairment, the dosage should be carefully adjusted and caution should be exercised when using the 30 mg / day dose.
Do not use the preparation in children and adolescents up to 18 years of age.
The product is used intramuscularly in the shoulder muscle or deep in the gluteal muscle.
During pregnancy, do not use any medicine without consulting your doctor!
It is very important that before using any medicine during pregnancy or breastfeeding, consult a physician and explain beyond any doubt the potential risks and benefits associated with the use of the drug.
Due to the lack of data, the use is not recommended during pregnancy. You should not breast-feed while using the product.
Tell your doctor about all medicines you have recently taken, including those that are over the counter.
Caution should be used when using the product in parallel with the following medicines:
• some antihypertensive drugs (aripiprazole, acting antagonistically on α-receptors1-renergic, may increase their effect)
• drugs that act on the central nervous system or with alcohol (may be worsened by sedation)
• benzodiazepine derivatives (you may experience excessive sedation, orthostatic hypotension, cardiovascular depression, respiratory depression)
• drugs that prolong the QT interval or cause electrolyte disturbances
• quinidine (and also Fluoxetine and paroxetine) - a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6 - increases the concentration of the product in the blood, so your doctor will probably recommend halving the dose of aripiprazole
• ketoconazole (as well as Itraconazole or HIV protease inhibitors) - a strong CYP3A4 inhibitor - increases the concentration of the product in the blood, so your doctor will probably recommend halving the dose of aripiprazole
• weak inhibitors of CYP3A4 (eg diltiazem or escitalopram) or CYP2D6 cause a slight increase in the concentration of
• other serotonergic agents such as SSRI / SNRI (selective / non-selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) or drugs that increase blood levels of aripiprazole - risk of serotonin syndrome
• carbamazepine (as well as rifampicin, rifabutin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, efavirenz, nevirapine or St. John's wort) - a potent CYP3A4 inducer reduces the concentration of the product in the blood, so your doctor will probably recommend an increase of aripiprazole by half.
Like all medicines, Abilify can also cause side effects, although it will not occur in all patients who use this medicine. Remember that the expected benefits of using the drug are usually greater than the damage resulting from the occurrence of side effects.
Common: anxiety, especially movement, insomnia, anxiety, extrapyramidal disorder, akathisia, tremor, dizziness, drowsiness, sedation, headache, blurred vision, indigestion, vomiting, nausea, constipation, increased salivation, asthenia.
Tachycardia, orthostatic decreases in arterial pressure, depression may occur less frequently.
Other side effects for which incidence has not been determined: neuroleptic malignant syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, seizures, extrapyramidal symptoms (parkinsonism, akathisia, dystonia, dyskinesia), side effects on the cerebral circulation and increased mortality in elderly patients with dementia, hyperglycemia and diabetes.
After the introduction of the medicine in addition to the above mentioned, very rarely reported: leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, allergic reactions, increase or decrease in body weight, anorexia, hyponatraemia, excessive agitation, nervousness, speech disorders, convulsionsgrand mal, QT prolongation, ventricular arrhythmias, sudden unexplained death, cardiac arrest,torsade de pointes, bradycardia, fainting, hypertension, thromboembolism, throat-oesophageal spasm, laryngospasm, aspiration pneumonia, pancreatitis, swallowing disorders, jaundice, hepatitis, rheumatism, photoallergic reactions, alopecia, rhabdomyolysis, muscular pain, stiffness muscle, urinary incontinence, urinary retention, priapism, regulation of body temperature, chest pain, increased creatine phosphokinase, ALT, AST, GGT, increase and / or fluctuation of blood Glucose , increased glycosylated hemoglobin, ketoacidosis, coma diabetes, suicide attempts, suicidal ideation and committed suicides.
Abilify Maintena (powder and solvent for prolonged release suspension for injection)
Apra-swift (disintegrating tablets in the mouth)
Aribit ODT (orodispersible tablets)
Aripiprazole Accord (tablets)
Aripiprazole Mylan Pharma (tablets)
Aripiprazole NeuroPharma (tablets)
Aripiprazole + pharma (tablets)
Aripiprazole Sandoz (tablets)
Aripiprazole Sandoz (orodispersible tablets)
Aripiprazole STADA (tablets)
Aripiprazole SymPhar (tablets)
Aripiprazole Zentiva (tablets)
Aripiprazole Glenmark (tablets)
Explemed Rapid (orodispersible tablets)
Lemilvo (orodispersible tablets)